maandag 18 juni 2007

I am sorry to thell you this!

It hurts me to say that tonight the We Ride Against Cancer road trip is finished. On the surveillance video of the youth hostel we see that at three minutes after ten my scooter is robbed. Not more than five minutes before I was downstairs to search for a bar, some minutes before my room mate came upstairs after his diner, and saw my scooter. I putted my scooter for a reason in the view of the youthhostel, a quiet place.
It meens I will arrive tomorrow in Begium. I want to thank everybody who believed in the project, and supported me from the beginning.
I wanted to give a message of solidarity to everybody I knew. And getting people so far to start other things. I believe that only things can happen with people who do something. When I didn't made that tour they wouldn't have stolen my scooter. I feel a little pitty that I can not arrive at the Doka cafe on a scooter. But I feel fine if there is a party because something is moved to support the Child Cancer Foundation.
I am grateful to all the people who made this road trip possible. I hope this is not the end of supporting the project but a reason to continue. We all knew it was a great challenge and that it would be difficult. I mend it in the way of safety on the road and find the motivation to go on after problemes. I didn't mend it in the way of be stolen the scooter. I believe in the goodness of every person, and I didn't want to think aboat be stolen something. I felt safe on the road and I am happy I had the chance to see a lot of Europe. The wonderful views are forever in my mind and the good memories I will never forget. I is at least something they can't take away.
I am not about crying, or I am not depressive. I went to the police and I did everything I could. I will not arrive in Belgium on a scooter, but for sure I will arrive as a person who saw and learned more than before he left. This is a sad message, but wrote by a person who still can laugh.
Even in the bad periods try to keep your head up high, a message to everybody and a support for all the people who suffer from cancer.

Joachim Vercaigne
19/06/2007

4 opmerkingen:

Koenraad en Greet zei

Beste Joachim

We vinden het enrom jammer dat je je fantastische tocht op deze manier moet eindigen. Ook al zal je dan niet met de scooter in Merkem arriveren, toch heb je heel wat mensen aan het denken gezet door je bijzondere project. Je zal hier nog heel lang aan terugdenken. Proficiat en tot een dezer in Doka...

Lut zei

Beste Joachim,
Hier op het secretariaat van vzw Kinderkankerfonds hebben wij je reis met veel sympathie gevolgd en we waren erg blij te merken dat "We Ride Against Cancer" aan bekendheid begon te winnen, gezien het toenemende aantal stortingen! Wat een verschrikkelijke tegenslag, die diefstal van je mooie scooter. Maar laat de moed niet zakken want al heb je je tocht niet helemaal kunnen afmaken, je hebt het beste van jezelf gegeven en we zijn je heel erg dankbaar. Tot binnenkort!

Sofie zei

Joachim,

zo fantastisch om te zien en te lezen dat jij maakt dat je dromen uitkomen. Je hart zit zeker op de juiste plaats!
Jammer van je scooter, maar je mag de moed inderdaad niet laten zakken. Jij hebt iets gedaan waar je zelf heel trots op mag zijn, en waarop de mensen die je kennen ook allemaal heel trots op zijn! :)
Ik kijk al uit naar het Doka feestje!
Groetjes, Sofie W.

Unknown zei

Even balen jong! Blij dat er nog mensen als jij bestaan! Sterkte verder!